INTENDED USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us and visit the Websites without telling us who you are. However, some services and activities, including but not limited to, services and activities available through the Websites, may require you to provide certain Personal Information. To name just a few examples, we will need Personal Information from you if you wish to make a reservation, receive news, or participate in an on-line contest. If you provide Personal Information to us, including Personal Information about individuals other than yourself, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the authority to provide that Personal Information and to grant us the right to use that Personal Information consistently with this Policy;
- You have provided that Personal Information voluntarily; and
- You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of that Personal Information in the manner indicated by this Policy. If you provide a third party’s email address to us, you represent and warrant that you have the consent of that third party to provide his/her email address to us.
The Personal Information you submit is used to operate and manage our business and provide services to you, to better understand your use of the Websites, to support the services and activities available through the Websites, and to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you. Personal Information may be used by us for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain commercial relations with you and provide you with ongoing service;
- To contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the Websites and our services and activities;
- To understand your individual needs, interests and eligibility for products and services;
- To provide you with information on products, services, offers or other information from us that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you wish to end our communication with you, simply follow the instructions posted at the bottom of the email material or contact us at the email address below;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on the Websites, we may use your Personal Information to administer the contest or promotion, for contacting you, and for announcing and promoting the winners of the contest or promotion; and
- To meet legal or regulatory requirements.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties as follows:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- To those who are acting on our behalf as our employers, agents, suppliers or service providers to enable us to provide you with the Websites, our services and activities, and in relation to our efforts to better understand your needs and develop, enhance, market or provide our products and services. Such entities act under contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information and to use such information solely for the purposes for which the Personal Information was originally collected;
- As required by law, including by any order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest. We may also disclose Personal Information to a collection agency for the express purpose of the collection of past due bills; and
- In connection with a corporate reorganization, merger or amalgamation with another entity, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets provided that the Personal Information disclosed continues to be used for the purposes permitted by this Policy by the entity acquiring the information.
To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Information we take technical, contractual, administrative and physical security steps to protect it. We instruct our employees, agents, suppliers or service providers with access to your Personal Information that it is to be used only in adherence with the principals set forth in this Policy.
Please note that we may transfer your Personal Information outside your country of domicile. To name just one example, servers that make the Websites available and that store the information that is collected on or through the Websites may be located outside your country of domicile. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not afford an adequate level of privacy protection, we will endeavor to ensure that data transfers over which we have control are adequately protected. By using the Websites or our services, or by submitting Personal Information to us, you consent to such collection, storage, and transfers and such use and processing by us of your Personal Information.
If one of our servers, employees, agents, suppliers or service providers breaches our Policy or practices he/she will be disciplined accordingly. While we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse or alteration to Personal Information, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. We intend to keep Personal Information only as long as it is required to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected and we regularly destroy Personal Information that is no longer required.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
This Policy applies only to the Websites and to the use of Personal Information We collect. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies or websites that are not owned or controlled by us or to services on the Website that are provided by third parties. We may provide links to other websites that we believe may be of interest to our visitors; however, we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other companies or websites.
We provide you with the right to access and update your Personal Information or to require their deletion. If you wish to access or correct your Personal Information held by us, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be dealt with in a proper manner. No charge will be levied for complying with a correction request; however, for all other requests we may charge a small fee to cover costs. Requests to delete Personal Information will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATION AND “COOKIES”
We may collect anonymous information from the Websites, such as pages you visit and searches you perform.
Anonymous information is processed by us to help us improve the contents of the Websites and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our Websites for internal and market research purposes. In doing so, we may install “cookies” that collect the first domain name level of a user and the date and time of access. Cookies by themselves are not used to discover the identity of a user. If you wish, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and this will enable you to determine whether to accept it or not.
We do not condone “spamming”. Spamming is the practice of sending unsolicited emails in large numbers and repeatedly to individuals with whom the sender has had no previous contact or who have declined to receive communications. Rather, where we believe that certain product, service or other information may be of interest to you, we reserve the right to inform you by email, but we will give you the choice of opting out of such communication.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CHILDREN
The Websites are general audience websites and not directed to use by children. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you should not provide any Personal Information to us and you should use the Websites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent of guardian of a child under the age of 18 and suspect that he or she has provided Personal Information on or through the Websites, please contact us at the email address below.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this Policy or our privacy practices that were not answered here, please email our Privacy Officer at:email@example.com. This Policy was last updated on February 28, 2011.